Garden Pic Wednesday: New Mums!

I bought some new chrysanthemums Monday and, today, planted them in a row under my kitchen bay window:


This is the only place I like to put mums. They last a few years, gradually disappearing. The last couple I had vanished this spring.
Here in the South, they involve a bit of maintenance, since they bloom both spring and fall and require the old blooms stalks cut back, so for that reason I only these in this one spot.
If they thrive, they'll slowly spread.

They're Yellow:
I was actually hoping for white, yellow, lavender and burgundy in small individual pots, so I settled for yellow, since they were the healthiest looking. I prefer white mums, because of all the colors, they thrive the best. So, we'll see how the yellow do.
Mum flowers have different shapes each with a descriptive names, something I learned during my years as a floral designer. 
This one is called a "pin cushion" or just "cushion mums."
There's also button, daisy and spider mums.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mama Kat Prompt Thursday: 5 Comforting Things

Thursday Writers Prompt: Radio Memories

Mama Kat Prompt Day: Crafts!

Good Eating Monday: Peach Cobbler Dump Cake!