Garden Pic Wednesday: Fall Gardening

Today I was planting my "fall container garden" in these clay pots set into the ground.
There are 3, though one isn't in view.  They were out in-ground next to the veggie bed in back, but we'll be re-working that space with raised garden frames later when weather is cooler, so I moved them here, where they'll be easy to take care of.
The first one has Red Veined Sorrel planted in it; the second has Spinach and the third has Romaine---though the Romaine seed is older and I'm not sure it will come up. We'll see.
I also planted radish seed in the ground around the front edge of each clay pot. I figured why not? Those seeds aren't doing anything else.
The  container with the leafy greenery is a pot blueberry that's busy new branches for next years fruit. 




This is what Red Veined Sorrel looks like.
Young leaves can be used in salads and older leaves in stir-fries, soups, etc. But aside from it's food value, I thought it's just make a pretty landscape plant. Like Kale.
 (Photo is from Park Seed where I purchased the seed.)





Vinca's & 4 O'clocks Out Front:
If it weren't for all these Vinca's and 4 O'clocks, I'd have nothing blooming! There's been no rain for weeks. Yet, the Vinca's press on.
Fortunately, rain is predicted for this month.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thursday Writer's Workshop Prompt: Greatest Triumph

Garden Pic Wednesday: Thriving Rose Bush!

Garden Pic Wednesday: Amaryllis & Chinese Stonecrop

Mama Kat Thursday: Worst Gift Ever

Mama Kat Prompt Day: Childhood Memories