Good Eating Tuesday: P.F. Chang's Frozen Mongolian Style Beef Review

I've been trying some recipes, but results are so-so. The last really great recipe I tried was that French Coconut Pie!
I'm going to try it again this week with a slight adjustment to sugar-to-coconut ratio.

In the meantime, I've decided I'd review frozen meals we try.
We were at the commissary this past weekend and purchased a P.F. Chang's Mongolian Style Beef meal to have something easy to make for dinner. It was perfect for us since it serves just two really.




This is the picture on the bag.
Just put in skillet and heat and it makes it's own sauce.
No need to add water or anything.
(You provide the rice.)



This is the meal on the plate.
(I added some frozen peas)
It's a little saucier then pictured, but otherwise very close.
(photo is mine)

* The quantity of beef pieces in this meal was generous and they were good size. Plenty of meat for two people.

* It had lots of uncut green beans and red bell pepper chunks.

* The sauce was a Chinese barbecue that was lightly spicy plus just touch sweet in a flavorful way.  It wasn't hot-spicy at all. 
(Hubby hates hot-spicy)

* It's not over-salted as some frozen meals are. This one was just right.
******
I'd be glad to try more P.F. Chang's frozen meals, though I like the ones with veggies.
There is an actual P.F. Chang's restaurant in our area I'm thinking I'd like to visit, though it's far away, past Sandestin. It'd be a special trip. Maybe I'll save it for a special occasion sometime.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Garden Pic Wednesday: Amaryllis & Chinese Stonecrop

Writers Prompt Thursday: Cosplay Dress Up

Mama Kat Thursday: Worst Gift Ever

Mama Kat Thursday: May Flowers!

Garden Pic Wednesday: Thriving Rose Bush!