Good Eating Tuesday: French Coconut Pie!

If you notice my blog layout looks different, that's because Google told me my previous blog theme wasn't "mobile device responsive," so I had to switch to this theme that is.
I got A+ when they tested this themes responsiveness!

*******
I decided to try some new dessert recipes I've saved from Pinterest, so this week's new recipe try was:
French Coconut Pie!

This is a super easy pie to make. It's an old-fashioned recipe, I think, like the kind Grandma's made in the 50's for Sunday dinner.
It calls a few simple ingredients mixed together poured into a purchased pastry pie crust and baked. 
(photo is my pie)
It's pretty sweet. Great for the coconut lover.
 I made it a second time, trying out an adjustment to make it a little less sweet and this recipe reflects that change:


French Coconut Pie
3 whole large eggs, beaten
1 cup sugar
1 rounded cup flaked sweetened coconut
1/2 cup melted unsalted butter & cooled a little
1 Tablespoon white vinegar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 pinch of salt
1 whole 9" uncooked pie shell 

Directions
In medium bowl: mix together all the ingredients, pour into the unbaked pie shell and bake for exactly 1 hour in a preheated 350 degree oven. Let cool completely before cutting into 8 and serving.
It will look like the photo above when it's done, with a nice brown top.


My sliced piece of pie picture didn't turn out, so I picked this up from Pinterest, so you can see generally what a slice looks like.
The top sort of crunches apart when you slice through it and the pastry crust breaks a little. Doesn't work to cut it into too small a slice; average pie slice size works best.
But it tastes yummy.

If you enjoy making your own pie crusts, you can do that, too!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thursday Writer's Workshop Prompt: Greatest Triumph

Garden Pic Wednesday: Thriving Rose Bush!

Mama Kat Thursday: Worst Gift Ever

Garden Pic Wednesday: Amaryllis & Chinese Stonecrop

Mama Kat Prompt Day: Childhood Memories