A Pleasant Surprise

I'm not doing a Mama Kat today. I didn't have any ideas for any of the listed prompts---but I had something more interesting happen---I received an email from Warner Bros. Studio's Content Coordinator requesting permission to use one of my Zazzle card designs as a prop on the New Murphy Brown TV series airing on CBS, Thursday nights.
They'd already purchased oneand included a scan of it along the permission form they needed me to sign and send back, so I'd know what they were asking about.
It was this one:


Bejeweled Dragonfly Thinking/Praying for You Postcard

I was so astonished and also honored to have something I created selected for use on a TV show!
Of course, I signed and returned the permission promptly.

This postcard is an inspirational get-well, which seemed an odd choice for a secular TV show.
 So, I read up on the show's synopsis:
Murphy Brown is about an ethical and honest journalist trying to navigate through the chaotic and politically divided climate of modern journalism.

I also read Breast cancer is supposed to be an issue for the Murphy Brown character, but whether she's a survivor and it's a past event or if it's something she'll experience over the course of the show, I have no idea. I've never watched it.
So, I'm guessing a collection of prop get-well cards might be related to that. I'm sure they'll be in the background some place.
If you watch the show, keep an eye out!



If you wonder how they knew to contact me, my Zazzle store has a "Contact Designer" feature.

My card is just a prop, but getting selected made me feel like a movie star! I was so excited!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thursday Writer's Workshop Prompt: Greatest Triumph

Garden Pic Wednesday: Thriving Rose Bush!

Garden Pic Wednesday: Amaryllis & Chinese Stonecrop

Mama Kat Thursday: Worst Gift Ever

Mama Kat Prompt Day: Childhood Memories