Garden Pic Wednesday: Winter Blooms

I went outside just now on this rainy, cold winter day to see what I could photograph for today's post.
It may be December, but here in North Florida, spring comes in late February, so lots of spring flower greenery is up right now in preparation: daffodils, iris, grape hyacinths, amaryllis and even baby-self-seeded Red Saliva!
There was a freeze early in Nov that wilted my new planted Red Saliva plants I'd put in several containers---but not the roots. I see green leaf buds near the bottoms of the stems popping out. The one thing I like about the Red Saliva---it's resilient here in the South.

So first photo: Portuguese Squil Plants:
I planted 5 this fall. They're so cute! They look like pineapple tops! They're a bulb and were popping green when I planted them. I look forward to seeing their purple blooms in spring!




Behind the Squil Above: Sprawling Gaillardia!
The Nov freeze didn't seem to effect it. It's still going! 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thursday Writer's Workshop Prompt: Greatest Triumph

Garden Pic Wednesday: Thriving Rose Bush!

Garden Pic Wednesday: Amaryllis & Chinese Stonecrop

Mama Kat Thursday: Worst Gift Ever

Mama Kat Prompt Day: Childhood Memories