Garden Pic Wednesday: Holly Tree & Sunset Daylilies

I have two pictures for today: one of my Oakland Holly and my backdoor view of my orange daylilies in the glow of sunset.

My Oakland Holly Tree:
Last spring, this tree shot up this 4 foot center spire and is working on filling in the space. It's hard to get an good angle on it so it shows well, but I cropped the photo from the tip of the spire to the base of the tree.
 It's clearly decided it wants to be 9 feet tall.
Good news about Oakland Hollies is they naturally keep a pyramid shape, no pruning is required and they aren't tall.  
It's interesting watching it work on filling in. 




The last rays of sun falling my on my orange daylilies:
I like to have an after dinner cup of coffee and watch the birds at the feeder and the sun's last rays play over the lilies and patio containers. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mama Kat Prompt Thursday: 5 Comforting Things

Good Eating Monday: Old Fashioned Cinnamon Raisin Bread Pudding!

Good Eating Monday: Peach Cobbler Dump Cake!

Mama Kat Thursday: The Halloween's of Yesteryear

Mama Kat Prompt Day: Crafts!