Good Eating Tuesday: Creamy Caprese Salad!

A fresh, easy summer salad of tomatoes & fresh mozzarella in a creamy pesto Greek yogurt dressing! The tomatoes and cheese absorb the dressing flavor!
I found this recipe in the weekly Publix grocery ad, as they always include and knowing I had tomatoes coming on in the garden, I held onto it.
Having tried it once, I found it needed improvements---like onions and extra basil and more mozzarella!
Photo is of the batch I made up for dinner today!

Creamy Caprese Salad

16 oz fresh mozzarella, sliced & cubed
2 medium ripe tomatoes, coarsely chopped
1/3 cup red onion, chopped
1  5.3oz size plain Greek yogurt
1/4 cup Basil Pesto
1 tsp sugar
1 to 2 teaspoons dried basil

Directions:
Chop your tomatoes into bite-size chunks of a size you like.

Of the 16oz of Mozzarella, I use about 3/4 of it in the salad and save the rest to have with salmon.
To cube your Mozzarella, slice, then cut each slice into the cube size you prefer. ( I do 1/2 inch cubes)

In a medium bowl: combine Greek yogurt, Pesto, sugar and dried basil.
Then add tomato, mozzarella & onion and fold in until well coated.
Chill at least 2 hours before serving so flavor is absorbed by cheese.
(I used Barilla Pesto, but there are many brands to choose from)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Garden Pic Wednesday: Amaryllis & Chinese Stonecrop

Writers Prompt Thursday: Cosplay Dress Up

Mama Kat Thursday: Worst Gift Ever

Good Eating Monday: Old Fashioned Cinnamon Raisin Bread Pudding!

Mama Kat Thursday: May Flowers!