Mama Kat Thursday: Recent Finds

The Mama Kat prompt I've chosen today is: use the word
 "Found."
I accidentally broke my Corning Visions Dutch Oven this past week. 
I was bereft. It was my spaghetti sauce & soup pot. I also liked it. It was a pretty smoky colored glass. Visions aren't made anymore and this one was a lucky Goodwill find a good many years ago.
 It broke in the sink while I was washing it when a glass measuring cup I was washing just above it, slipped out of my fingers and dropped into it. The dutch oven had 2 inches of hot soapy water in it and, being warm, the bottom simply shattered.

So I started researching various places online for a suitable replacement I might like. I finally settled on Wayfair---they had a sale going on and shipping is free with them always.

So for a new Dutch oven, I found:
This Denmark enamel-coated cast-iron Dutch oven with a heat resistant lid and safe-touch handles that can be used on stove top or in the oven up to 350 degrees. It was on sale for $33. It hasn't arrive yet, but it's on it's way.



If I'm going to order one thing, I usually look to see if there's anything else I might need, so I also found:
This Folding Drying Rack.
This items was also a huge steal----normally $140, I got it on sale for a mere $22.


It came yesterday.  Need Hubby to help me set it up.
It's metal and seems good quality. Can't wait to try it out!


Thanks for Visiting!

Comments

John Holton said…
My condolences on the loss of your favorite pot, but it looks like you got good one to replace it, and cast iron is harder to break than tempered glass...
KatBouska said…
Oooh $33 is a good deal for a dutch oven! I was going to recommend checking ebay, but if the one you broke was vintage and you were lucky enough to find it at Goodwill then you probably would be thrilled pays triple the price on ebay. ;)

Popular posts from this blog

Garden Pic Wednesday: Amaryllis & Chinese Stonecrop

Writers Prompt Thursday: Cosplay Dress Up

Mama Kat Thursday: Worst Gift Ever

Mama Kat Thursday: May Flowers!

Garden Pic Wednesday: Thriving Rose Bush!