Garden Pic Wednesday: Cardinal Basil!

Back in spring, I ordered Cardinal Basil seeds to plant because the flower was noted as being particularly showy. So I've watched the plants grow all these months, eagerly awaiting blooms!
Finally, the time has come!

Today's Garden Pics are of my Cardinal Basil Just Staring to Bloom:
This is the top. The top leaves are turning red ahead of the flowers opening. I can see this will greatly add to the showy effect!
 



Here's a side shot:
This basil also has stunning cherry red stems as well. It's modestly tall: about 25 inches.


When there's actual flowers I'll post again!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Garden Pic Wednesday: Amaryllis & Chinese Stonecrop

Mama Kat Thursday: Worst Gift Ever

Writers Prompt Thursday: Cosplay Dress Up

Mama Kat Thursday: May Flowers!

Garden Pic Wednesday: Thriving Rose Bush!