Garden Pic Wednesday: Sunlit Native Daylily

 Today's Garden Pic is a pretty Native Daylily sunlit by the last rays of the setting sun.


In other news, I'm looking into replacing my rain gutters.
The first company I called, the owner said " he'd shoot me a text before he came on Wednesday," but when 4 o'clock rolled around, I texted to ask if he was still planning on coming?
His answer was to tell me about his daughter being sick and about having to stay home with his son and that he was super busy and said, I quote, "he didn't need me to be there to hold his hand while he looked at the gutters."
I was like, "What?"
I didn't quite know what to make of that. It seemed a little personal and not very professional. A professional reply would've been, "I've had some expected things come up today---can I reschedule?"

I tried to be gracious, telling him I was sorry to hear all that; that I was just trying learn what to expect and that, being retired, I was generally at home. 

He then replied Friday "he might be able to squeeze me in" and, again, more talk about being "so busy."
 So if, he shows up, fine, I'll collect the estimate. If I actually see him in person, I'll be amazed. I suspect he just wants to do a quick look around then email an estimate since he's "so busy," but I've already decided I'm not using his company. Too unprofessional communication and I felt berated for even inquiring on his intentions to show up.
He did show up on Friday and he was knowledgeable and will email me an estimate, which will be valuable for comparison to other estimates. I still have a hesitant feeling about him.

 I tried another local gutter company and a person actually answered. He did say,  "they were a little backed up," he was sure he could come out and talk with me mid-week next week and would call ahead to let me know when.
 He was actually pleasant to talk with. 

The thing is---all these gutter installers keep talking about how back up they are with work---except for the one who called me back today, which is Friday. I specifically asked him about being backed up and so busy and he replied, "no" and that he tries to control their schedule so they have room to do estimates and take new jobs.
That is the first encouraging thing I've heard.
He'll come Monday.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Garden Pic Wednesday: Amaryllis & Chinese Stonecrop

Writers Prompt Thursday: Cosplay Dress Up

Mama Kat Thursday: Worst Gift Ever

Mama Kat Thursday: May Flowers!

Garden Pic Wednesday: Thriving Rose Bush!