Garden Pic Wednesday: Swallowtail Caterpillar & Front Flower Mix

 Actually getting this written on Wednesday this week!

Swallowtail Butterfly Caterpillar on Parsley:
It's not been a good year for butterfly caterpillars over-all. I've seen numerous eggs and tiny infant caterpillars, only to find them completely gone. I think wasps or spiders or something pick them them.
But I managed to save this one---I covered the container with fine netting to keep away insect predators.
 He or she is full size now, so I removed the netting today. Soon he'll wish to depart to cocoon and I didn't want the net to interfere.
I love the striped and spotted pattern.



A Flower Mix Out Front:
I thought the Purple Shamrock leaves mingled with the Dusty Miller, plus a Shamrock flower and the orange buds from the Hen & Chicks was really pretty. 
The Dusty Miller and Shamrocks surround a strawberry terra cotta pot of Hen & Chicks.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Writers Prompt Thursday: Cosplay Dress Up

Mama Kat Thursday: Funny Auto Correct

Thursday Writers Prompt: Radio Memories

Good Eating Monday: Peach Cobbler Dump Cake!

Mama Kat Thursday: The Big Win