Garden Pic Wednesday: Plumbago & Setting Sun Garden

Garden Pics today include a nice shot of my Blue Cape Plumbago shrub blossom and a pretty look at my backyard garden at sunset:

Blue Plumbago:
I collect blue flowers, so a Cape Plumbago was a must! They are common here as landscape plants. It took me a number of years to find the "right spot" one would thrive in. They don't like being overly wet. So I planted this one in the woodsy area in the backyard in vicinity of maple tree that is higher ground. It's doing pretty well now. Fairly bushy. I think I should fertilize it better in spring & summer for a better bloom. The area is partial shade during spring & summer as western sun hits it late in day. During late fall & winter, when the maple is bare, it's in full sun.


 

Here's a nice shot of my backyard around 6pm, as the sun is getting low:


Oh, and the Swallowtail Butterfly caterpillar I so carefully took care of made it to being a butterfly this morning! I forgot to check the crystallis, so I missed seeing it, but it's out there.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Good Eating Monday: Peach Cobbler Dump Cake!

Good Eating Monday: Old Fashioned Cinnamon Raisin Bread Pudding!

Writers Prompt Thursday: Cosplay Dress Up

Good Eating Monday: Frosted Banana Bars!

Thursday Writers Prompt: Radio Memories