Garden Pic Wednesday: Spring Shrubs!

 Two Garden Photos today!
First up: my Bridal Wreath Spirea shrub has finally bloomed!
 Spirea, also known as "Bridal Veil" because of it's arched, draping stems, is a popular shrub here in the Deep South. I've had this one several years and this is it's first bloom season. It's in particular a memento from a local garden shop I used to like that went out of business several years ago.
This shot is mid-morning light.



And a nice shot of Azalea blossom at sunset:
I like the large, single bloom type best and have several. I didn't really know of all the hedging involved in having Azaleas at the time; if I had known, I wouldn't have bought any. They are pretty in spring and that's it. But, there they are, so I hedge them. I know better now and I prefer to plant things that don't require hedging! That Bridal Veil, pictured above, does not require it. I also like Hydrangea's a lot, because they need very only a very little care.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Good Eating Monday: Peach Cobbler Dump Cake!

Good Eating Monday: Old Fashioned Cinnamon Raisin Bread Pudding!

Writers Prompt Thursday: Cosplay Dress Up

Good Eating Monday: Frosted Banana Bars!

Thursday Writers Prompt: Radio Memories