Garden Pic Wednesday: Clematis!

 I joined a local ladies book club I saw mentioned in Next Door because it was an opportunity to hang out and have lunch with ladies in my age range. We meet on the 2nd Wednesday every month and today was my 3rd meeting. We together choose a new read and the goal is actually to find reasonably clean books to read. It's something fun to look forward to and the restaurant we meet at is a local place that let's us in at 10 am, then we order lunch.

Today's Garden Pic is my Clematis.
Blooms are just now popping open. Clematis are climbers, so it has an metal trellis. This particular one is on the bluer side and has a shorter growth habit; something I chose deliberately. 
When you buy plants & shrubs you want to pay attention to their height and width dimensions!


Clematis Has New Growth!
I planted it and it put up 2 vines and for the past 3 years, it's been blooming just off those. This Clematis blooms off the "old wood" meaning, new greenery sprouts off the original vines. It sprouts at every joint. So I never cut anything on it until after it is blooming and I can tell what's actually dead branches.
But this year----finally--about 6 new vines have come up. Red arrows point out the new growth! I'd like to see the whole trellis cover in greenery & blooms!
It will continue blooming until frost.


And the Pine trees are gone now!
I have brown Flex-Seal and once the sap dries I'll seal both, then hopefully in the fall, set container planters on the stumps. Really lets more sun into the area!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Writers Prompt Thursday: Cosplay Dress Up

Garden Pic Wednesday: Amaryllis & Chinese Stonecrop

Good Eating Monday: Old Fashioned Cinnamon Raisin Bread Pudding!

Mama Kat Thursday: Backwoods Indiana Memories: Laundry Day

Good Eating Monday: Peach Cobbler Dump Cake!