Garden Pic Wednesday: Shasta Daisies!

Garden Pics today:

Shasta Daisies hanging out by my mailbox:
Raised these from some free seed a neighbor gave me that came in charity junk-mail.
They're perennial, but I've read they'll stop coming back after abut 5 years.
I actually have about a dozen clumps scattered in various beds.
I'll try to collect seed from a dry bloom or two to create a new generation. This is their 2nd year.




Here's a closer view captured in end-of-day sun.
The blossoms attract a variety of insects. I saw a Lady Bug nymph on one the other day. (a nymph is the stage prior to transforming into what you normally expect a Lady Bug to look like. They are spiny and bi-colored. Odd looking. But your friends as they are carnivorous at all stagesof life, dining on other insects that normally cause harm to plants and flowers. Who knew?




Also, today a nice end of day sun-glow shot of my container of Red Salvia & Purple Petunia's on the walkway just outside my front door. It's what greets you as you approach. 
Red & Purple are a striking pair!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Writers Prompt Thursday: Cosplay Dress Up

Garden Pic Wednesday: Amaryllis & Chinese Stonecrop

Good Eating Monday: Old Fashioned Cinnamon Raisin Bread Pudding!

Mama Kat Thursday: Backwoods Indiana Memories: Laundry Day

Good Eating Monday: Peach Cobbler Dump Cake!