Garden Pic Wednesday: Gulf Fritillary On Zinnia!

Today I've got a great shot of a Gulf Fritillary Butterfly on one of my red Zinnia's!
You know it's fall when you see them flitting about the flowers in their seasonal orange & black colors!


 
Also worked on planting my winter Garden in one 4 x 8 raised bed yesterday: 
12 broccoli plants, 1 tomato plant, 1 row of purple bush beans, 1 row of Spinach & 1 row of miniature red romaine.
I also plan on planting radishes, garlic and another row of spinach in that bed.

I looked up what various garden plants like to grow together with on Pinterest, which is called "Companion Planting." I found out tomato plants hate being next to broccoli plants, but love beans and broccoli plants hate being near tomatoes, but love growing with spinach. Lettuce and radishes are neutral; they can grow next to anything. 
So I'm putting rows of spinach seed between rows of broccoli and I put the row of beans next to the tomato.
Hopefully, everyone will be happy!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Writers Prompt Thursday: Cosplay Dress Up

Mama Kat Thursday: Funny Auto Correct

Thursday Writers Prompt: Radio Memories

Good Eating Monday: Peach Cobbler Dump Cake!

Mama Kat Thursday: The Big Win