Garden Pic Wednesday: Unique Vinca!

Two photos today of some of the Vinca flowers in my garden!
Vinca are a common annual flower that comes in white and a range of pink from very dark to very like. They also self-seed readily, so once you have them, you generally can just transplant the seedlings wherever you want flowers when the come up in late spring.
Here in the Deep South, Vinca can winter over, though it depends on location whether they are in shelter, sunny area or not. They are susceptible to freezing otherwise.
 I have come from random seedlings that popped up in various places in my flower beds and I just transplant them here and there.

 Most of my Vinca blooms have a style like this photo below: they usually have a "pink eye" at their center.
Though, occasionally, I'll see all white without a pink center, but the pink center is the most common.



However, one of the seedlings I transplanted to my front bed this year looks like this:
Dark pink with a extended white center!
 
I've never seen one in my garden before! (Though I've seen them in garden nurseries as this is within their normal range of generic color variation, but I've never bought any.)
I love it! I'll be paying special attention to seedlings that pop up in this vicinity in hopes they'll be like the parent plant and I can have more next year!


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Writers Prompt Thursday: Cosplay Dress Up

Mama Kat Thursday: Funny Auto Correct

Thursday Writers Prompt: Radio Memories

Good Eating Monday: Peach Cobbler Dump Cake!

Mama Kat Thursday: The Big Win