Garden Pic Wednesday: Cardinal Basil

Today I worked on harvesting a bunch of my Cardinal Basil's side-shoots for drying. A freeze is predicted for tomorrow night, so I wanted to get what I could. 
Cardinal Basil gets it's name from the showy bloom. Unlike other Basil, that just bloom a flower stalk; Cardinal Basil's leaves around the blooms turn deep burgundy. These plants are volunteers from last year's Basil and I want these to go to seed, so I'll throw a towel over them. Sensitive things in my raised veggie garden will also be covered

Nice shot of Cardinal Basil out front in the bed by the mailbox


 

And here's my harvest of Cardinal Basil ready to be rinsed, then cut up onto these drying trays:
I keep the dryer out in the garage and do laundry on days I want to dry herbs, so it keeps me going in and out of the garage, so I don't forget about it.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Garden Pic Wednesday: Amaryllis & Chinese Stonecrop

Mama Kat Thursday: Worst Gift Ever

Mama Kat Thursday: May Flowers!

Garden Pic Wednesday: Thriving Rose Bush!

Mama Kat Thursday: Legend of the Paddling Machine