Garden Pic Wednesday: Sidewalk Edging Change

I've just started my 7th week of broken arm recovery and I don't have to wear a brace anymore, though sometimes, it's still helpful. I've been working on driving short distances locally and wearing that brace gives me extra support. I drive a six-speed and that gives my right arm a good bit of workout. I go to physical therapy twice weekly. This week I drove myself to my Wed PT appointment myself.
 My friend Diana was driving me to every appointment and we'd have lunch after. I'll miss that. It was nice having regular company to have lunch out with.

I have a couple Garden Pics this week:

Edging Change:
This black edging is a pound-able type that is a series of interlocking 6 inch segments.  Originally, it followed the 90 degree angle of the sidewalk that leads to my front door. They only interlock on the straight; in the corner their edges just met. My toe clipped that bit of corner edging and that's what tripped me into a fall.
So, a week ago, I pulled up 4 segments and arranged 3 hem in a curve as you see here.
The corner is bare dirt. I also very carefully tucked the either end of the curved section to the inside of the other edging, so nothing would protrude. 
I actually like it better this way.


 

Second Pic:
Here you can see my row of tied of blackberries and my various garden containers. I moved two containers that usually have Cilantro in them to this side. A red arrow indicates first one; there is another on the other side of the bell pepper, which right behind those pink flowers.
I planted save Cilantro seed in both. Their previous location was too shady; here they'll have sun all the time and I think they'll do better. Here, Cilantro likes growing in cool winter months.




I've designed quite a few cute new Thank You cards in my Zazzle Store. You can see the entire Collection here. Be sure to stop by!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mama Kat Prompt Day: Childhood Memories

Mama Kat Thursday: May Flowers!

The Imaginary Party Outfit for the Imaginary Party

Good Eating Monday: Old Fashioned Cinnamon Raisin Bread Pudding!

Mama Kat Thursday: The Big Win