Garden Pic Wednesday: Purple Shamrocks & Melba Bi-Color Daylilies

Garden Pics this week:

Nice shot of sunny Purple Shamrocks:
Because they get more sun, these have green patches, but it gives them a nice look! They remain darker purple in full shade.


 

Daylilies are Blooming!
These are a hybrid Daylily, which means they've been bred for a particular color.
These aree a bi-color with 3 petals of one color and 3 of another shade. I call them "Melba" for their color, which is a pinkish-orange.
 I bought them from a retired guy down the road who had a who huge garden of Hybrid Daylilies of every sort of color that he'd offer for sale every May, to thin them out.
He sold me these particular ones for $2.00.
 It's a very large Daylily with very tall greenery that's very hardy and prolific.
I've separated it & moved clumps of it all sorts of places in various beds. Best $2 I ever spent!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Good Eating Monday: Peach Cobbler Dump Cake!

Friday Finds: Crystal River, Florida!

Mama Kat Thursday: The Shelf Cat

Mama Kat Thursday: Famous People I've Met

Mama Kat Thursday: Say What?