Garden Pic Wednesday: Flowers & Weeding

This Weeks First Bouquet:
This is Glads, Hydrangea, Gardenias plus stems of Greek Oregano and Chocolate mint as well. I like to pick glads as soon as they bloom, because they tend to fall over from their own weight. The trick with glads is they bloom bottom up, so I need to take apart, snip and rearrange the bouquet every couple days. I like remaking the bouquet, though.
Flowers aren't the only garden bounty: from my raised veggie garden I've started getting beans, one zucchini so far and tomatoes that should be turning soon!



Finally...weeded
This photo is the front corner bed between my driveway & sidewalk--I'm finally mastering the crab-grass weed spots. I worked on the area along the blocks, removing young crab-grass, then laying down newspaper on the exposed soil and topping with mower mulch.
Last season, I didn't keep up with the weeds very well and the crabgrass not only got well established in the front end of this bed, but went to seed--that is a mistake I'm not making again! 
 It's actually challenging to keep up with yard & house on my own---but I started early this year and having been doing pretty well.
I don't have as much newspaper piling up anymore, since the free local paper that used to come weekly, stopped; so now I pick up a dozen Publix grocery ads occasionally, plus I still get ad weekly ad from Winn Dixie grocery in my mail.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Good Eating Monday: Peach Cobbler Dump Cake!

Friday Finds: Crystal River, Florida!

Mama Kat Thursday: Say What?

Mama Kat Thursday: A Sweaty Problem

Mama Kat Thursday: The Shelf Cat