Garden Pic Wednesday: December Red Salvia!

I have two containers of Red Salvia brightening up my December! This one near the front door and one on the back patio I see out the sliding glass door!
Actually, I took this shot in November and more Salvia has popped up both containers and come to bloom as well, so there's a lot more!
When the blossoms turn brown, I break them off and put them on the soil in the container, so any seeds can grow. 
Temps have been down around 36F degrees at night, but that doesn't bother the Salvia, Vinca or Alyssum. If temps do threaten to freeze, I'll cover the Salvia and that usually works pretty well.
I hope you have a very Merry Christmas & also a Happy New Year!


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Good Eating Monday: Peach Cobbler Dump Cake!

Thursday Writer's Workshop Prompt: Greatest Triumph

Friday Finds: Crystal River, Florida!

Thursday Writers Prompt: Radio Memories

Mama Kat Thursday: The Big Win