Garden Pic Wednesday: Front Garden View!

Here's a nice shot I took yesterday of my front bed out by the mailbox:
In the foreground, is a very healthy Coneflower covered in bloom heads. The pink is it's native color and they are considered native plants. Drought tolerant and prolific. There are 2 others in this bed, one that self-seeded.
In the background you see a clay container I buried to rim in the ground. The greenery you see in it is a miniature burgundy Daylily and I added  hot pink Million Bells I purchased yesterday to the other side of this same container. 
The pink shamrocks on either side of the clay pot are everywhere at this time of year as they are a native wild flower here in Northwest Florida. Some moved into my yard & garden and I simply relocate their roots place to place because they naturalize nicely. 
To say something "naturalizes" means it "spreads and generally fills in an area." Some plants do so slowly and some are aggressive--and that's important to consider when planting things. 


 

Next is a shot of my garden haul from Walmart yesterday:
The plant Vender happened to be there putting out fresh plants, so I got everything young and good looking!
From left to right: Red Petunia's, Purple Bell Pepper behind the Hot Pink Million Bells (Calibrachoa), Rosemary, a Tomato and Red Salvia.
The red flowers are for my various containers in front & on the patio and I choose red because red attracts hummingbirds. (Planted those last night.)
I bought new Red Salvia because last years crop didn't reseed as generously as they have in the past. Sometimes it's good to start fresh!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Writers Prompt Thursday: Cosplay Dress Up

Garden Pic Wednesday: Amaryllis & Chinese Stonecrop

Good Eating Monday: Old Fashioned Cinnamon Raisin Bread Pudding!

Mama Kat Thursday: Backwoods Indiana Memories: Laundry Day

Mama Kat Thursday: Worst Gift Ever