Good Eating Monday: Slow-Cooker VELVEETA Mac & Cheese

Today's Good Eating recipe is for Slow-Cooker Mac & Cheese made with Velveeta.
I found this recipe in Pinterest pinned from Kraft. I found it pretty tasty and worth making again.
(I forgot to take a photo of my own, so the photo here is a general slow-cooker mac & cheese from Pinterest .)

Slow-Cooker Velveeta Mac & Cheese
Ingredients:
2 1/2 cups elbow macaroni, uncooked
3 1/2 cups of milk
1 lb Velveeta, cubed (a full box of Velveeta is 2 lb, so that's half )
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup butter, cut into small pieces.

Directions:
Spray inside of slow-cooker with oil cooking spray. 
Combine all the above ingredients in slow-cooker. Give a stir to combine, then cover and set on LOW for 2 1/2 hours or HIGH for 3 1/2 hours.
At end of cooking time, turn off, give a stir and let sit 15 minutes prior to serving.
(It's best to time this or any slow-cooker mach & cheese to be done exactly when you want to serve it, since pasta continues to absorb the cheese sauce.)
*****
I used wheat elbows & 2% milk Velveeta to make it healthier.
I noted that using 2 1/2 cups of elbows from a 13.25 oz box left a odd 1/2 cup behind in the box. If I used again, I think I'd use the whole box and increase the liquid a little.
This dish would make a great meal with either kielbasa or good quality hotdogs sliced and added when you add everything else.
****
Eat up, me hearties, yo-ho!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Garden Pic Wednesday: Amaryllis & Chinese Stonecrop

Mama Kat Thursday: Worst Gift Ever

Writers Prompt Thursday: Cosplay Dress Up

Mama Kat Thursday: May Flowers!

Garden Pic Wednesday: Thriving Rose Bush!