Good Eating Monday: Slow-Cooker Rosemary Pull-Apart Rolls!

Greetings! 
Almost Christmas! Just finished wrapping my husband's gift and waiting on one last item from Amazon that is scheduled to arrive today. Of course, mail is running late.
I received a fun thing in my email from Kellogg's this past week. (I'm signed up with for many company's newsletters for coupons and such--I get a lot of birthday greetings from that, too!)
Kellogg's got together with Shutterfly.com and sent to give me a free 8x10 custom calender and by custom calendar I mean loading your own photos onto a calender. I did a whimsical one comprised of screen shots of my and my hubby's pirate characters from an online game that closed down. We were members for 7 years off and on, so I had a lot of screen shots to choose from.
(Shutterfly prints for personal use and gifts only; not for sale.)

Today's Good Eating recipe is for Slow-Cooker Rosemary Pull-Apart Rolls!

I have some rising in the slow-cooker right now! 
I cut and pasted the recipe directly from a recipe/food blog I found it on: Who Needs A Cape?

Slow-Cooker Rosemary Pull-Apart Rolls

Ingredients
  • 1 package active dry yeast
  • 1/2 cup warm water
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 1 egg
  • 2 Tbsp olive oil
  • 2 tsp sugar (after tasting a roll, I recommend 3 tsp sugar)
  • 1 to 11/2 tsp salt
  • 3 cups all-purpose flour (add 1/2 cup more--makes it perfect for hand kneading!)
  • 1 1/2 Tbsp fresh Rosemary, chopped. (You can use dried Rosemary, but use only 1 to 1 1/2 teaspoons because dried is more concentrated!)
Instructions
  1. In a small bowl, stir to combine warm water and yeast. The yeast will dissolve and start to foam. Set aside until needed.
  2. In a large bowl using a spoon, stir to combine milk, egg, olive oil, sugar and salt. Slowly pour the yeast mixture in and stir.
  3. Add the flour and Rosemary, stir until the mixture is combined. formed. It should still be tacky but smooth. Add a touch more flour if too sticky. (Note: I found it way sticky with just 3 cups of flour. Increase flour to 3 1/2 cups.)  Knead the dough for 5 to 8 minutes until the dough is smooth.
  4. Place the dough onto a surface. At this time line your slow cooker with parchment paper. I used 2 strips going both directions. Lightly spray the parchment paper with cooking spray or a sprinkling of cornmeal to prevent sticking.
  5. With a knife, slice the dough into 12 even pieces. Roll each piece into a ball with your hands and place in the slow-cooker on top of the parchment paper.If using a 6-quart slow-cooker, use all 12 rolls. (Note: I found my large cooker could easily handle 14 rolls.) If using a 4-quart slow-cooker, use 6 rolls and freeze the remaining for another use. The dough balls will touch, therefore when cooked they will be pull-apart rolls.
  6. Cover and cook on low for 1 hour to let the rolls rise. Then switch the heat to high and cook for 1 more hour. If using a 4-quart slow-cooker, check the rolls at 50 minutes. Remove the rolls by using the parchment paper to lift the rolls out of the slow-cooker. The rolls should be fluffy and cooked through, though they won't be brown on top. To brown them, remove the parchment paper, put them on a baking sheet and place under the broiler for 2 to 3 minutes until golden. Serve warm.
(You may use a standing mixer for make these rather then by hand if you prefer!)
******
We had these with dinner and they were light and fluffy, though I decided the recipe needs an additional teaspoon of sugar, which is so noted above.
******
Eat up, me hearties, yo-ho!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thursday Writer's Workshop Prompt: Greatest Triumph

Good Eating Monday: Old Fashioned Cinnamon Raisin Bread Pudding!

Garden Pic Wednesday: Thriving Rose Bush!

Mama Kat Thursday: Two Before & After Projects

The Imaginary Party Outfit for the Imaginary Party