Mama Kat Thursday: Top 5 Christmas Songs


The Mama Kat topic to this week is:
My top 5 favorite Christmas songs!

I love all Christmas music, especially the classic hymns. However, if you make me pick and choose, I do have a couple favorite songs and 3 favorite albums:

#1 on my Christmas hit list is: Carol of the Bells!
I love that one. Oddly it was the theme song for Andre Champagne & Cold Duck in TV ads in the 70's when I was growing up.
It's not an easy one to find on 
Christmas albums, either, but worth it having if you can find it.

#2 is: O Come, O Come Emmanuel! 
I love that one because it's in a key I can actually sing! I'm a lower end alto---if I can manage to carry the tune, though I'm not too terrible with Christmas hymns. Singing isn't really my thing, but if I must, I prefer Christmas tunes.

#3 is Everything on the A Charlie Brown Christmas Album by The Vince Guaraldi Trio! 
The best Christmas music and best Christmas special ever!

#4 Album is Trans-Siberian Orchestra!
If you've never heard it, you're missing something! It's a mix of modern and classic done with a full orchestra and electric guitar! We used to rock out on it when I used to work at a flower shop!
Totally awesome!

#5 is every single Christmas album my Mannheim Steamroller!
We have them all and they're all amazing! Great music to sip a nice tea with and relax from Holiday stress!
******
That's my list! 
Here's wishing you the merriest of Christmas holidays and a most joyous New Year!


Comments

Barbara said…
What a great list. I love the Charlie Brown Christmas music too!

Popular posts from this blog

Mama Kat Prompt Thursday: 5 Comforting Things

Mama Kat Prompt Day: Crafts!

Good Eating Monday: Peach Cobbler Dump Cake!

Good Eating Monday: Old Fashioned Cinnamon Raisin Bread Pudding!

Mama Kat Thursday: Quotables