Mama Kat Thursday: 5 New Food Pins

Today's Mama Kat blog writing prompt is about 5 of those recipe ideas I've most recently pinned on my Pinterest board and why I'm interested in them:
(I've included links to each recipes blog location so you can save it, print it, pin it or write it down.)

Banana Cake from the Craving Comfort blog
I'm always in the market for a new recipe that uses old bananas. Plus I'd also like to find a banana cake recipe that might actually taste FABULOUS.
(Haven't found one yet.)
This one calls for buttermilk, though I could sub sour cream perhaps. (I say that because I have more use for leftover sour cream then leftover buttermilk!)
Sometime, when I have bananas around and feel like experimenting, I'll give it a try.




Butter Dip Biscuits from The Country Cook blog
Now here's a new spin on baking powder biscuits I'd like to try. (I love baking powder biscuits.) It looks easy, though it also calls for buttermilk, but does have substituting directions.







Slow Cooker Roaster Garlic Mashed Potatoes from the Little Spice Jar blog
If I can cook anything in a slow-cooker, I'm willing to try it!
And garlic mashed potatoes just sounds yum! 













Cinnamon Blondies 
from the House of Yum
I pinned this one because these blondies sound good and look good. Besides, who doesn't like cinnamon? Plus I'm always on the look out for a good 9 x 13 pan bar cookies to feed hungry Air Force kids!





Baked Applesauce Donuts
from the Weary Chef blog
Donuts that don't involve frying sound like a great idea, but the recipe requires a donut pan, which I don't have.
I've never even looked around Walmart to see if they have any.
I was telling Hubby about this and he asked me if, "I could maybe substitute a muffin pan?"
 I replied, "Well, then I'd be making muffins. Not donuts."
We had a good laugh, though I'm quite sure one could simply use the recipe to make muffins.

****
Having read through my 5 food pins, which would you try first?
****

Thanks for Visiting!

Comments

carol daniels said…
The slow roaster garlic mashed potatoes sound delicious! We always have a bunch of new red potatoes around during the summer months. Can't wait to try a new dish. Pinterest is a great place to browse for new recipes. I like doing that, as well.
May said…
Number 1 for me would be those biscuits. They look so good!
They have donut pans at Wal-Mart and Target and IKEA. :) With that, I would totally have the Baked Applesauce Donuts first.
Lori said…
Cinnamon blondies, banana cake, donuts...YUMM! Those look delicious. Don't you love Pinterest?
KatBouska said…
I want a table set with all of that food immediately. YUM!

Popular posts from this blog

Mama Kat Prompt Thursday: 5 Comforting Things

Good Eating Monday: Old Fashioned Cinnamon Raisin Bread Pudding!

Good Eating Monday: Peach Cobbler Dump Cake!

Mama Kat Thursday: The Halloween's of Yesteryear

Mama Kat Prompt Day: Crafts!