Creative Fridays: Writing Prompt

Today's creativity is I'm going to write a short fiction combining two writing prompts:
1) The scene must occur in a grocery store aisle.
2) It must begin with "In retrospect, I wouldn't say it was my best idea" and end with "And that's how I wound up at the doctor's office."
It's from a guys point of view.


"The Encounter" by B. Nickerson.

In retrospect, I wouldn't say it was my best idea.
The grocery wasn't busy. Cereal was one thing on my list.
Only one lady with a cart was in the cereal aisle when I got there. She was looking over the rows of cereal, then noticed me.
She brushed some of her red hair coyly behind an ear as she glanced my way.
She was a pretty lady, in her mid-thirties dressed in a short jean skirt and sandals. "There's just so many cereals to choose from!" she remarked.
I joined her in looking over the selection. "There certainly are," I replied.
"Which would you choose?" she asked, practically batting her eyes at me.
"Footloops," I answered, picking up a box.
"Are they healthy?" she inquired, brushing hair behind her ear again.
I flipped the box around to show her ingredient list. I never knew 'soluble corn fiber' and 'partially hydrogenated vegetable oil' could be such flirty topics of conversation.
Only a couple minutes had passed when, suddenly, a deep baritone voice loudly announced, "I found it, Stell!"
We both looked toward the voice at the end of the aisle, a tall guy in a white tank top, jeans and black Converse with huge muscly arms. He was cheerfully holding up a jar in his hand, but as soon as he saw me and Stell standing next to each other, his hand with the jar slowly lowered and he scowled.
Stell immediately snatched the Fruitloop's out of my hands and stepped back like I was poison.
Mr. Muscle Arms strode over like he needed to defend his territory. "Is this guy bothering you, babe?" he demanded.
Clutching the Fruitloops to her, Stell assumed the look of a pouty child and nodded.
The last thing I remember is a ham-sized fist coming toward my face.
And that's how I wound up in the doctor's office.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Garden Pic Wednesday: Amaryllis & Chinese Stonecrop

Writers Prompt Thursday: Cosplay Dress Up

Mama Kat Thursday: Worst Gift Ever

Good Eating Monday: Old Fashioned Cinnamon Raisin Bread Pudding!

Mama Kat Thursday: May Flowers!