Mama Kat Thursday: 8 Things I Love About Winter In Florida

The 8 Things I Love About Winter

Well, it is easier to love winter when you live on the Florida Panhandle. This photo is an extremely rare shot of actual snow accumulation we had at Christmas in 2007.
 It was like sugar all over the ground. 
We've lived here since 1986 and that is the only accumulated bit of snow we've ever seen here.


Things I Love About Winter In Florida
#1)  I get a 4 month break from mowing. Yippee!

#2)  I don't have to drive in snow.

#3) I don't have to shovel the driveway. We don't even own a snow shovel. 

#4)  I can still plant stuff. I just planted some Pinks the other day and it's January. 

#5)  I can have a second veggie Garden in the fall and sometimes enjoy fresh Broccoli during winter. (That didn't work out this year.)

#6)  There are still pretty things blooming outside. My neighbor has beautiful red Camilla's and I still have Vinca, Lantana and that dumb Gardenia out front flowering.

#7)  I don't have to have the heat on all the time and sometimes can even open the doors and windows to let in a little fresh cool air.

#8)  We have light winter coats, but rarely even need gloves, though I have a pair. So, I don't have to worry about storing winer wear, like lots of scarves, gloves & hats.
****
So, what's your favorite thing about winter where you live?


Thanks for Visiting!

Comments

I live in AZ where it is supposed to have warmer climates. Uh, yeah, we got dumped on with snow two weeks ago. LOL

Visiting from Mama Kat's Writing Prompts. Happy New Year!
https://michellesmusingsandmerriment.blogspot.com/2019/01/7-things-that-bring-me-joy.html
Cathy Kennedy said…
It's nice meeting you...well sorta meeting you, I mean I'm not sure how to address you. I kinda like knowing who I'm talking to, so...I shall call you CM. :) Seriously, those who visit you frequently and know you best have that connection. They know how to relate to you. You may want to set up an 'About Me' page for strangers like me to get to know you a bit. That's one gal's opinion and if you're welcome to disregard it. You won't hurt my feelings, trust me! ;) Now for your list of things that you love about Florida. I certainly get the appeal to living in Florida during the winter. I wouldn't mind that at all and then when the heat returns around March head north again. lol I guess the one thing I like about winters in the Tennessee Valley is that we do not get a lot of snow but when it does fall it's a lot of fun to see just as long that it doesn't cause any problems. I hate slick roads. Of course, we get hit with that dreaded black ice and no one can go on that stuff. Just forget! If you're out in it, just pull off the road while you can before you wreck your car or kill yourself. I've been stranded in it a few times. That wasn't much fun, either. Oh well...enjoy your mild winter days and have a good weekend! Thanks for visiting me through Mama Kat's!
KatBouska said…
That's it, I'm packing up my kids and heading to Florida!! ;)

Popular posts from this blog

Thursday Writer's Workshop Prompt: Greatest Triumph

Garden Pic Wednesday: Thriving Rose Bush!

Garden Pic Wednesday: Amaryllis & Chinese Stonecrop

Mama Kat Thursday: Worst Gift Ever

Mama Kat Prompt Day: Childhood Memories