Creative Friday: Repurposing Greeting Cards

Today's creativity was  repurposing recent birthday cards into "new" blank Birthday note cards!
I get Birthday cards and Anniversary cards in the mail, which happen to be the cards I most often need on hand.
Sometimes I can dual purpose a standard size card into both an Birthday card and a blank any occasion card---such as the starry card pictured in the photo, here: the
 top part worked for birthday and the bottom, for a blank, any occasion card.



What you need for this project:
Cards you want to reuse
A box of 4 x 6 stock cards, colored or white, available from any craft store
Rubber cement or favorite craft glue
Scissors
A template cut to the size you want to use on your card stock for tracing. (You can use the back of a greeting card for one)
Pencil for tracing with a good eraser

Directions:
Then just take a card you want to repurpose, arrange the template over the image, trace a light outline with you pencil, cut out with scissors, apply glue to back, center on front of card stock, press into place.
Once you've made all your cards, it's a good idea to arrange them  closely together on a flat surface, cover with a piece of wax paper, then top with some hard back books and let the glue set well. If needed, erase any pencil lines.
In a few hours, they're ready to be put wherever you keep cards, ready for use!
******
* Sometimes, if I'm feeling really creative, I'll cut out the Happy Birthday words on the inside to paste them inside my card stock.
 So using the words inside can be an option.
 (I have ink stampers that say Happy Birthday & Happy Anniversary as well)

* I recently repurposed a card that had a thin pretty ribbon wrapped around it on the fold.I repurposed that by cutting the ribbon to fit the length of my card stock and a bit longer, so I could lap the end inside and glue them down.

* Be sure to check the inside and back for sections suitable for your card fronts. Sometimes a greeting card might come with a fancy interior of section of paper just glue to the fold that might be pretty or the card back might be fully printed with a pattern.

Repurposing cards is pretty much  a do-whatever-your-imagination-wants kind of project.

Comments

This is such an awesome idea! I love that people send me cards and I hate throwing any away...but I also hate holding on to a lot of stuff. What a great way to enjoy the thought and give the cards new life!

Kim

Popular posts from this blog

Mama Kat Prompt Thursday: 5 Comforting Things

Thursday Writers Prompt: Radio Memories

Mama Kat Prompt Day: Crafts!

Good Eating Monday: Peach Cobbler Dump Cake!