Mama Kat Thursday: Movies, Money & Books

I decided to do several of the Mama Kat writing prompts this week on 3 topics from the list for today:
"Last movie I saw, last time I wasted money and last book I read."
Movies:
"Avengers: Endgame" was the last movie we saw.
We thought it was okay. It brought what was started to a close. I always believed Dr. Strange, which proved true and I was happy about that. There were several unexpected twists, though I think Major Carter from Stargate-SG-1 would have had many rather serious objections to their use of time travel. 


Money
Once upon a time, before there were personal computers and internet, there were junk magazines that would come in the mail peddling assorted trinkets, mugs, door stops, holiday decor, home organizers and shelves & knick-knack collectibles--all of mixed quality and value. Some were good; some not so much.
Hubby liked ordering from those magazines, especially at Christmas, and sometimes some of that stuff was a real waste of money. I recall this set of 3 elasticized plastic bowl covers he ordered that actually didn't fit any kind of real life bowl I had.
Internet shopping changed everything by the late  90's and we eventually stopped getting those magazines in the mail.


Book
The book I'm actually currently reading is called "DiscipleShift," by Jim Putnam & Bobby Harrington. I meet with a young lady friend weekly at Panera Bread to talk about what she's reading in the Bible and we're also reading this book together and discussing it at the same time. She's a voracious reader, so it's fun.
Hubby says DiscipleShift is the best book on discipling he's ever read and, believe me, he's read tons of books on that topic over the past 10 years.  It's a life-changing and even church-changing book.





Thanks for Visiting!

Comments

John Holton said…
Wait... you actually got those catalog places to stop sending you catalogs?

I also am getting the 405 on Kat's page, though I saw that a couple of people have managed to get through. Maybe we should let her know...
KatBouska said…
I might be the only person on the planet who has not seen any of the Avenger movies!

Popular posts from this blog

Thursday Writer's Workshop Prompt: Greatest Triumph

Garden Pic Wednesday: Thriving Rose Bush!

Good Eating Monday: Old Fashioned Cinnamon Raisin Bread Pudding!

Mama Kat Thursday: Worst Gift Ever

Mama Kat Prompt Day: Childhood Memories