Garden Pic Wednesday: Wood's Pink Aster First Bloom!

I have things I've gotten in the mail that need planting today, several bulbs and two Hosta's---but while getting the bulbs in, which had green growth showing, it started raining, so that's it for today. 

It's called Portuguese Squill and should should bloom like as pictured. Kind of exotic looking I think.
Their description included all my favorite words: 
blue-purple blooms, drought tolerant, full sun and readily self-seeding.
It's suited only to zones 7 - 10 though, it's a flower southern regions. It's also short: 6 to 10 inches.

One bag of 5 bulbs: 3 I planted out between the Coneflowers in the naturalized area by the mailbox and 2 in blank area in front of my Julia Child rose. 
(photo from Michigan Bulb) 

Today's Garden Pic is planted last fall that is having it's first bloom right now! It's called a "Wood's Pink Aster." 
 It's perennial with a small habit, about 8 to 10 inches high. I expect to see more and more blooms every year until it becomes quite a mound! 
It's planning on spreading. I saw new growth coming up today.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thursday Writer's Workshop Prompt: Greatest Triumph

Good Eating Monday: Old Fashioned Cinnamon Raisin Bread Pudding!

Garden Pic Wednesday: Thriving Rose Bush!

Mama Kat Prompt Day: Childhood Memories

Mama Kat Thursday: Two Before & After Projects