Good Eating Tuesday: Delicious Oven Baked Tacos!

Last week wasn't a good week.
I was generally discouraged, completely stressed out over some paperwork the roofing company sent us as to how important it was to get done or not done before that started work this week and to top it off---last Thursday night, groggy and not fully awake in the bathroom, instead of grabbing my dry-eye eyedrops from the tray on the sink counter, I grabbed a small bottle of something else that definitely shouldn't go in your eye and dumped that right on my left eye!
I snapped totally awake then and spent a good amount of time washing it out at the kitchen sink. 
Even so, it stung the snot out of my eyelid and mucus membranes around that eye, leaving it thoroughly irritated. I looked like Rocky Balboa. I didn't do anything last Thursday except sleep through movies in the living room and keep my eye moist with eye ointment.
Needless to say, looking at the computer was completely out. 
So last week wasn't a happy week.
On the up side, the irritation cleared up nicely by Sunday night.
I also rearranged things on my bathroom tray so that won't ever happen again! 

So, now on to something happier: Delicious Oven Baked Tacos!
It's Pinterest recipe I tried Sunday evening this week.
I ate the last one for lunch today---sooo good!
I used ground sirloin and regular Ortega Whole Grain taco shells. I also sauteed minced onion with the meat, but skipped the lettuce/tomato topping.
The recipe will fill 8 to 10 taco shells, depending on what sort you use, though it recommends the self-standing type. Double the recipe and fill 16!
The photo is my own of my own meal.
(Broccoli is Green Giant Tuscan Broccoli)

Oven Baked Tacos
Ingredients:
8 self-stand taco shells
1 lb ground lean beef
1/4 cup diced onion (optional)
1 cup salsa
1 packet low sodium taco seasoning
1 (15oz) can black beans, drained & rinsed
1 1/2 cups Shredded Mexican Blend Cheese

Optional Topping:
1 cup shredded lettuce
1 cup diced fresh Roma tomatoes

Directions:
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Prepare baking dish by spraying with oil spray and arranged taco shells in it.
In skillet: add onion and cook and crumble beef. (Drain fat if needed.)   
Add salsa, taco seasoning and black beans. Stir and heat through.
Spoon bean and beef mixture into shells, top each with shredded cheese, dividing cheese among all.
Bake in oven 10 minutes to crisp shells and melt cheese.
Top with shredded lettuce and diced tomatoes if desired---or other favorite taco toppings: green onions, sliced olives, etc.
Ready to serve. 
Don't forget to put salsa and sour cream on the table!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mama Kat Prompt Thursday: 5 Comforting Things

Good Eating Monday: Old Fashioned Cinnamon Raisin Bread Pudding!

Good Eating Monday: Peach Cobbler Dump Cake!

Mama Kat Thursday: The Halloween's of Yesteryear

Mama Kat Prompt Day: Crafts!