Mama Kat Thursday: Favorite Local Restaurant

The Mama Kat prompt I'm doing today is, "Share your favorite local restaurant."

We have a couple favorite local restaurants, but I'm only going to share one today:
The Aegean Restaurant.

This one is located in Shalimar, Florida, across the the street from the county administrative building, around 10 -12 miles from where we live.
Distance here is kind of relative, since the Air Force base is the center  of everything and the towns are spread out on either side of it, so getting from one to another involves driving around the base; Shalimar is on the West side of the base and we live on the East side.

It's Greek and the family that owns and runs it are Greek as well, so it's authentic.
Here's an inside view:



All the food on the menu is delicious and they have a good mix of Greek specialties as well as entrees, pastas, salads for those who rather have something more ordinary.
One thing I like that they serve, if I'm in the mood for fish, is Trigger Fish, either grilled or fried. It's meaty and not fishy tasting and certainly one of the best fish I've ever eaten. I don't know anyone else around here who serves it.

Also the Aegean bakes their own home-made Bakalava plus they always have an assortment of cakes in their dessert cooler.

Pricing is around the same as eating at Ruby Tuesday's or Chili's.
The family runs a second Aegean restaurant over in Destin, so if your vacationing in the area I highly recommend either one! 


Thanks for Visiting!
(photos are not mine, but from online)

Comments

John Holton said…
The only appropriate thing I can say is "OPAA!" I love Greek food...
Thanks for the tip! When I worked in Oxford, MS, there was a place called Dino's that served the best Greek food - I always got their toasted ravioli (some kind of lamb filing) and dessert was always Baklava. I miss that place.

Kim

Popular posts from this blog

Thursday Writer's Workshop Prompt: Greatest Triumph

Good Eating Monday: Old Fashioned Cinnamon Raisin Bread Pudding!

Garden Pic Wednesday: Thriving Rose Bush!

Mama Kat Thursday: Two Before & After Projects

The Imaginary Party Outfit for the Imaginary Party