Garden Pic Wednesday: Florida Winter Blooms

 Today's Garden Pic:
Deep pink Vinca mingled above a Mexican Heater & yellow 4 O'clocks on a sunny winter morning earlier this week. It was about 10 am. The 4 O'clocks stay open in mornings now.


I dined on Veggie garden fair for dinner tonight: fresh broccoli & bell pepper in a stir fry along with sliced chicken thighs, sliced sweet potato, onion and cabbage over rice. Enough for two meals, I'll enjoy it again tomorrow night.
I've been putting up Christmas decor in the house. No tree anymore. We always bought a fresh tree when Dave was here. So seeing all the fresh Christmas trees leaning on the Walmart's garden shop wall outside as I drove into the parking lot to park last week made me sad. Then walking around the aisles of Christmas stuff for the first time reminded me of all the gift shopping Dave and I used to do, all the gifts that I wouldn't be buying for him this year, no buying Dave some exotic Reese's snowman for under the tree, no scouring ornaments and home decor together trying to spot some Penguin thing to add to our collection.
It was too much. So quickly left the Christmas section to move on to other shopping I needed to do in other parts of the store.
That was the Wednesday before thanksgiving.

This week, on Tuesday I had to go back to Walmart because I needed some 2 battery Christmas lights for my outdoor wreaths. (Genius things those are!)  So, I was back in the Christmas aisles, in the light section, running my eyes over the selection of battery lights---and I was perfectly fine. No wave of sadness. I guess it was just a first exposure thing.

I do miss putting up that fresh tree.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Good Eating Monday: Old Fashioned Cinnamon Raisin Bread Pudding!

Thursday Writer's Workshop Prompt: Greatest Triumph

Garden Pic Wednesday: Thriving Rose Bush!

Mama Kat Prompt Day: Childhood Memories

Mama Kat Thursday: Two Before & After Projects