Garden Pic Wednesday: Red Salvia

 Today's cheerful winter picture is Red Salvia!
It's very Christmasy looking through December, if there aren't any hard freezes.
A freeze is coming. I have three Salvia blooming in 3 pots and plan on covering them.
I grow them from year to year from their own self-seeded starts they leave behind.


Nowadays, I really only enjoy blogging about the garden. I don't cook enough to do recipes anymore.
This week I decided to look into a new car insurance carrier, one that would fit my budget better. I belong to the neighborhood app "Next Door" and saw people recommending this and that local insurance company. I decided make an appointment with a independent insurance agency recommended. They were so nice. 
Long story short, I'm now set up with car insurance does fit my budget much better and includes benefits my previous insurance didn't offer, like car rental coverage and road assistance.
Only funny part of the conversation was I asked how was I going to tell my other insurance agency I was "divorcing" them? The agent laughed and said it was his job to send a fax and notify them.

Also this week I've been working on making sure all bulbs that are bulbs are LED. Most were already, but I found a few that weren't. Plus gave me a chance to the glass globes on the 4 ceiling/fan ones.


Also I had a box of "socket sealers" still sitting around that I'd bought some time ago. It's dye-cut insulation fitted for outlets & light switches made by a company called, Duck. You remove the plastic outlet plate, pop-out the pre-cut holes in one of the sealers, lay the foam piece it on the plate, then screw it back into place over the outlet or switch. 
Tada. Blocks cool air or heat seepage on any outlet or switch on an exterior wall.
(Walls that face the outdoors and not other rooms.)
 These I've had the sealers for a couple years now and I just decided to finish applying them. 4 outlets yet to go. They are behind some furniture, so will take a bit of moving things to reac
h.
I had them. Why not use them?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Good Eating Monday: Peach Cobbler Dump Cake!

Good Eating Monday: Old Fashioned Cinnamon Raisin Bread Pudding!

Writers Prompt Thursday: Cosplay Dress Up

Mama Kat Thursday: Backwoods Indiana Memories: Laundry Day

Good Eating Monday: Frosted Banana Bars!