Garden Pic Wednesday: Siberian & Louisiana Iris

Three Garden Pics Today:

First: Siberian Iris & Shasta Daisies
These are in a bed along the front side walk. I can grow any kind of Iris except the German Iris, which has a rhizome root. Siberian Iris just has regular roots. So it grows. 
I like it because it's on the dark blue side, though Siberian Iris does come in a rainbow of colors. I collect blue flowers in particular, though. Also it spreads. Over the years, it has turned into a whole row!



 

Next: my Louisiana Iris in my backyard rain garden.
I have 2 colors:
First this pretty purple with touches of yellow.




And then this more solid purple one, called Black Peacock.
Backlit by late afternoon sun like this, it looks more purple. But in the shade, it's a deeper purple one could almost call "black."


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Writers Prompt Thursday: Cosplay Dress Up

Garden Pic Wednesday: Amaryllis & Chinese Stonecrop

Good Eating Monday: Old Fashioned Cinnamon Raisin Bread Pudding!

Mama Kat Thursday: Backwoods Indiana Memories: Laundry Day

Good Eating Monday: Peach Cobbler Dump Cake!