Garden Pic Wednesday: Things Found

Nature moves seeds around. Some, like burrs, stick to things and get moved around. Others can fly, like milkweed seeds that float on a wisp of fluff in the wind. Still others are moved around by squirrels or birds. Some simply move themselves by mysterious means.

So todays Garden Pic highlight a few of such random finds:

Baby Tomato growing in this small space just outside my front door. 
Just found it this week. Surprise! I moved it to my raised garden today. I don't even know what sort of tomato it is----regular? cherry? red? yellow?



I found this lone Calibrachoa (Million Bells) last year in the bed along the house where I have container blueberries and daylilies.
Back then, it was just a single baby stem about 3 inches tall topped with one purple flower. 
This photo is how it looks now. Thriving. I happen to love Million Bells and was delighted to find it, free.



A good many years ago I found this Common Ajuga (Bugleweed) growing in a drainage ditch around the corner from me and quickly began moving it to my beds.
Common Ajuga is a ground cover that is quite pretty with it's purplish-burgundy touched leaves and blooms a 3-4 inch stalk of purple flowers in spring. It prefers full
 to partial shade. I like it and move it all sorts of shady places.  


Finally, a native wildflower that grows everywhere around here: Oxalis Acetosella or Pink Wood Sorrel. 
It just randomly appeared in one of my beds one spring many years ago, but the woods around here are full of it. It gets in the grass and I move it to a bed. It spreads readily. Once established, it comes back every year. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mama Kat Prompt Thursday: 5 Comforting Things

Mama Kat Prompt Day: Crafts!

Good Eating Monday: Peach Cobbler Dump Cake!

Good Eating Monday: Old Fashioned Cinnamon Raisin Bread Pudding!

Mama Kat Thursday: Quotables