Mama Kat Thursday: Extra Help & Garden Dreams

 There's 2 Mama Kat prompts I can do today: one is, "a task I'd like someone else to take care of," and "things I'd like to add to my garden."

#1) A task I'd like someone else to take care of:
I decided I needed to hire a lawn/landscape company to do some of the big jobs in the front yard for me: giving the Pampas grass a good shave, hedging a huge Gardenia & 2 large Azalea shrubs plus generally weed-eat around walled & edged beds & walkways, etc.
It's just too heavy a job for me to do alone anymore plus time consuming and just not fun when I can have a company do it all in one day! It's not just the hedging; it's also cleaning up & bagging that mess for yard-trash pickup!
I do like mowing, but I don't like messing with weed-eaters and having that job done for me would give everything a tidy look.
However, hiring a lawn/landscape company has proved challenging:
The first guy never even showed up for his appointment to talk to me about what I wanted done, so he was out.
The next company did show up in timely fashion, but decided they had too much work already scheduled way into May and gracefully bowed out.
The 3rd one has an appointment this Saturday morning and he seems an older guy unafraid of hard work. So we'll see. 

Below is one of 2 Pampas Grass I want shaved all around up to center growth:


And, in the photo below, is the Gardenia that I want hedged down to where the orange line is, which marks the height of it's last hedging I did last year. 
No shot of the 2 Azaleas, but they are in front of the house and need squaring off.
I feel like if I can get what is visible out front looking nice, I can care for everything else in the back yard at my leisure.


#2) What would I like to add to my garden:
Even though I have a garden, I always have dreams of things to add:

A) Rhubarb:
I'd really like to add one rhubarb plant; a variety suited to a Southern climate, to my raised garden. 

B) Egyptian Walking Onion:
I'd like to track down one of these to also add to my raised bed. An Egyptian onion grows bulbs at the top, which you can readily use and if they touch ground, they become another plant.  (no picture)


                             C) 2 Plumbago shrubs:
Ideally, I want to remove both Pampas Grass clumps from the front               beds they're in and replace both with a more easily         maintained Plumbago shrub, which is a blue flowering shrub.




Comments

KatBouska said…
I bet it is so satisfying to see the job complete! Money well spent I say. :) I actually just purchased rhubarb for my raised garden this year! I just need a couple sunny days to plant it.

Popular posts from this blog

Good Eating Monday: Peach Cobbler Dump Cake!

Thursday Writer's Workshop Prompt: Greatest Triumph

Friday Finds: Crystal River, Florida!

Thursday Writers Prompt: Radio Memories

Mama Kat Thursday: The Fennel Seed Caper