Garden Pic Wednesday: Gardenia Topiary & Garden Art

Garden photos of the day:

My Gardenia Topiary in full bloom!
This one wasn't effected by the hard freezes we had, so it's put on a good show!
I trained this gardenia into a short tree form, called a topiary!
Once it's done blooming, it will be getting a haircut.


 

Garden Art
I love to add unique ceramic items to my flower beds. This cup/saucer is actually a small planter I picked up somewhere. The greenery is a succulent called "Chinese Stonecrop." It's hardy stuff and I like using it all sorts of places.
It like ceramic pieces because they hold up well in the blazing sun, don't rust and can't be eaten by termites!



I also like recycling regular mugs into garden art.

This one is new. A friends Mom gave me this mug planter containing a begonia & palm houseplant, but the mug has no drainage and I keep my houseplants outside in summer, so I promptly replanted the two items into their own containers that do have drainage and added that mug here with Chinese Stonecrop and a couple lava rocks.
I've never had a Begonia before, but won't bring it in until October sometime. I'll need to look up how to care for it. It's got yellow flower and I put it in a pretty teal colored container.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Good Eating Monday: Peach Cobbler Dump Cake!

Friday Finds: Crystal River, Florida!

Mama Kat Thursday: Say What?

Mama Kat Thursday: A Sweaty Problem

Mama Kat Thursday: The Shelf Cat