Last weekend I talked about the juvenile Mockingbirds being taught by parents to come to the suet cage hanging on my feeder. There were 3: one set of parents had 2 and the other only 1.
Now that they are "on their own," they spend all their time harassing each other and chasing one another off the suet cage, each trying to be King of the Hill. 

Garden Pics:
First, I have a nice shot of my newest Lace Top Hydrangea in bloom. It's called "Cherry Explosion."  It was my one new garden item I ordered this spring. It's a compact variety that won't get larger then about 36 inches in circumference.
I love Lace Tops. Many years ago I had a blue one I adored that was not only a blue Lace Top, but also had lovely variegated leaves. I've not seen anything like that since.


 

And I have Blackberries...
Lots of pump, juicy Blackberries. Tame, thornless all on tall, upright stems I tie up,
I used to make jam, but I don't really need that much jam any more, so I decided I would just enjoy eating them. I mix them in with cut-up strawberries, sprinkle sugar over top and enjoy them over vanilla ice cream. I also have some in the freezer to make Blackberry Scones with maybe.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Good Eating Monday: Peach Cobbler Dump Cake!

Friday Finds: Crystal River, Florida!

Mama Kat Thursday: Say What?

Mama Kat Thursday: A Sweaty Problem

Mama Kat Thursday: The Shelf Cat