Garden Pic Wednesday: The Tomato That Planted Itself



Earlier in spring, I found a baby tomato plant sprouted near my doorway and transplanted it to a raised bed. It was only about 3 inches tall. Here it is now.
It was always greener and healthier looking then the store bought tomato. After making a few red medium size tomatoes, it stopped doing anything---until recently, it suddenly put a a bunch a fresh growth and is blooming again. Despite the heat. I brushed the blossom's with a paintbrush to try and make sure they were all pollinated to give them the best chance of developing. So, we'll see.



 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Good Eating Monday: Peach Cobbler Dump Cake!

Thursday Writers Prompt: Radio Memories

Mama Kat Thursday: The Fennel Seed Caper

Mama Kat Thursday: The Final Report

Mama Kat Thursday: 10 Things I Love About My Job