Garden Pic Wednesday: Plumbago

Today's Garden Pic is:

 My Plumbago:
This shot is just part of my rather sprawling Plumbago I liked because of how the sun was highlighting it!
I learned in my Garden Club recently that the proper time to cut it back is in early spring. (Here in Florida that is early March) 
It's a common Southern landscape shrub, but I particularly like it because the flowers are baby blue and I try to collect "blue" flowers in my garden.



Here's a closer shot of one of the flower heads.
Blooms form at the tip of the stems, so to get more blooms, a couple months ago I did a quick snipping of just of tips of branches to encourage it into putting out a quantity of blooms and now, that is starting to happen! These blooms along the bottom are just the beginning!
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Good Eating Monday: Peach Cobbler Dump Cake!

Friday Finds: Crystal River, Florida!

Mama Kat Thursday: Say What?

Mama Kat Thursday: A Sweaty Problem

Garden Pic Wednesday: Fall Red Salvia!