Good Eating Monday: Slow-Cooker Baked Sweet Potatoes!



Today's Good Eating recipe is
 "Slow-Cooker Baked Sweet Potatoes."

This was a Pinterest recipe I tried out--and it works fantastic!
I love baked sweet potatoes, but they take so long in the oven and I don't like using it in summer.
So, I read this recipe for baking them in a slow-cooker. Tried it. Loved it. 
Have used it twice already.
 I decided baked sweet potatoes with a Birdseye Steamable veggie would be my lunch Mon. thru Thur. this week!

Ingredients:
4 to 6 medium sweet potatoes. (5 - 6 inches) 

Directions:
Spray slow-cooker with cooking oil spray, because the sweet potatoes release juices while cooking. Scrub/wash sweet potatoes thoroughly to get rid of exterior roots & dirt. Dry. Poke with knife or fork several times, so steam will vent. Put in slow-cooker. Cover. Cook 3 to 4 hours on high.
 (Mine, which were small, were done within 3 hours.)
Serve how you like.
You can split them or peel them. (The skin peels off easily once cooked.)  They are very good with butter & cinnamon. Quite sweet enough. Or you can add a pinch of brown sugar.
I just peel, then heat up a Steamable veggie to top mine with!
Once baked, you can put them in a container and refrigerate.
****
Eat up, me hearties, yo-ho!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thursday Writer's Workshop Prompt: Greatest Triumph

Good Eating Monday: Old Fashioned Cinnamon Raisin Bread Pudding!

Garden Pic Wednesday: Thriving Rose Bush!

Mama Kat Thursday: Two Before & After Projects

The Imaginary Party Outfit for the Imaginary Party