Mama Kat Thrusday: 3 Best Tricks I Learned from Pinterest


Frankly, not every idea in Pinterest works out, but here's 3 of my favorites thatDo work and I use ALL the time:


Don't take that blender apart to clean it!

Just add a dab of dish detergent to blender, fill half to 3/4 full tap water, whirl, rinse, then dry.
(The spin makes dish detergent very foamy, so don't use alot!)

Use A  Refillable Brush Wand for cleaning the tub/shower unit!
Really---I don't bother filling it, I just think using the handled wand makes cleaning the tub more convenient versus a sponge in my hand or something.
I found the wands too leaky to keep filled, but perfect for a scrubbing tool without!
 I just squirt a bit of Dawn directly into the tub and scrub away with the wand! Saves me from having to reach or bend so far!




Cook Butternut Squash in a Slow Cooker! Make soup easier!
This is genius! I love Butternut Squash soup and this method pre-cooks the squash and makes it a breeze to cut, peel and seed! All ready to make into soup or mash!
  Just put the whole Butternut Squash right into the slow cooker and cook on Low 6 -8 hours or on High for 3-4
Size effects the cooking time. I use High check mine for fork penetration at  periodically after first 2 hours until it's tender.



*****
What's your fav trick from Pinterest that actually works?




Comments

John Holton said…
Yeah, when you're cleaning the blender like that, a tiny drop of dishwashing liquid is all you need, and it creates a LOT of suds. You could probably clean your entire house with vinegar, baking soda, and Dawn.

Popular posts from this blog

Garden Pic Wednesday: Amaryllis & Chinese Stonecrop

Mama Kat Thursday: Worst Gift Ever

Mama Kat Thursday: May Flowers!

Garden Pic Wednesday: Thriving Rose Bush!

Mama Kat Thursday: Legend of the Paddling Machine