Good Eating Monday: Slow-Cooker Teriyaki Chicken

Welcome to a new week in September!
Good news: I was able to finish my back patio drainage project today. Also planted a new miniature rose, a red one, in the front bed.

Todays Good Eating recipe is one I tried from my "Food Ideas" board in Pinterest for Slow-Cooker Teriyaki Chicken.


I liked it enough to make again, though I'd reduce the recipe.

It calls for 12 boneless chicken thighs (2 packs), which would be great for a family of 4 to 6,
but I'm just feeding 2 of us, so it made way too many leftovers.

Next time, I'll reduce it to just one pack of thighs.

I also snipped green onions into mine, though they're not mentioned in the ingredients; just pictured.
And I thickened the juice right in the slow-cooker rather then moving it around: I removed the meat, mixed in the cornstarch and turned the cooker on high for 20-30 min.


Ingredients:
12 boneless chicken thighs (about 3 lbs)
3/4 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup low-salt soy sauce 
6 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
3/4 teaspoons grated ginger
3/4 teaspoons garlic, minced
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
4 1/2 Tablespoons cornstarch
4 1/2 Tablespoons water
Garnish: green onions snipped into 1" pieces. Serve with steamed rice.


Directions:
Place chicken in oil sprayed slow cooker. Combine sugar, soy sauce, cider vinegar, ginger, garlic and pepper and pour sauce over chicken in slow cooker. Cook on low for 4-5 hours – chicken should be soft. Take out chicken and place on serving dish. De-grease fat from sauce with a flat spoon, then pour into a saucepan and bring to boil to thicken. Mix in cornstarch and water, stir until combined, and sauce is thick. 

Optional serving: place chicken on top of rice and pour sauce over and garnish with green onions. Or return chicken to slow cooker, cover with thickened sauce, set cooker on "warm" and serve directly from slow-cooker onto plated steamed rice with green onions on side to individual use, if desired.********Eat up, me hearties, yo-ho!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Good Eating Monday: Old Fashioned Cinnamon Raisin Bread Pudding!

Mama Kat Thursday: Two Before & After Projects

Mama Kat Prompt Day: Childhood Memories

The Imaginary Party Outfit for the Imaginary Party

Mama Kat Thursday: My Top 10 Favorite Chocolate Treats!